Friday, February 12, 2010

10 Best Dyslexia Resources Online in 2010




I recently read that another blogger Eric James Wolf has listed my dyslexia blog as one of his recommendations for the 10 best dyslexia resources online in 2010 !!I was pleased to hear this good news and to know someone out there in cyberspace reads my blog !!

I started out writing this blog because here in Turkey dyslexia is an unknown subject .Teachers and parents alike are oblivious of the problems students can encounter if they are dyslexic.

I like to think I can share some of the information I have gained in my journey to help my son with other mums and dads like me.Sometimes I get demoralised and disheartened but writing the blog helps to keep me positive.If I was in the UK things would be a lot easier as there are many support groups and plenty of resources available. As a parent living abroad its difficult as you are dealing with an education system you are unfamiliar with ,plus you are not a native speaker.Sometimes you can feel quite alone in this situation.Despite these many problems, I hope to continue to help my child the best way I can and also to continue to write my blog.Good luck to Eric and other bloggers writing about dyslexia..

Go to the following blog to find the full list of recommended blogs on dyslexia :
Teh Dyslexic Storytellers Blog

2 comments:

nims said...

really enjoyed your blog.My son has just been diagnosed with dyslexia,so hard here,all i want is to give him the help he needs.school hopeless

Laura Everyday Edits said...

Another great resource is the book Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz, MD. Research based. It was a great book for understanding our son's diagnosis.