Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Turkish Ban of Blogger / Blogspot




From the 1st of March Blogger in Turkey has been banned due to Digiturk, a digital TV platform. Some blogspot addresses have been illegally streaming football matches online. As a result ,Digiturk who owns the rights of live matches, went to court and managed to get Blogger banned completely.The ban has affected millions of websites that have nothing to do with Turkish football or pirating - like my own !! The same thing happened in 2008 but Blogger was re-opened again.

As a result of this ban I can't access my blog or go to any other blogspots ,even ones written outside of Turkey.Its annoying and upsetting as a lot of effort and hard work goes into the Dyslexia blog.

Turkish bloggers have started protesting by using a Facebook site called blogumdokunma.

"Blogumadokuma" mean's "Dont touch my blog "

Let us hope Blogger is opened soon in Turkey ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't believe they can do that. Best of luck to you and I hope you can access your site soon!